Print this page

Contact Your Representative

Make your voice heard!

You can make a huge difference in protecting Prop. 13 and Prop. 218 (the Right to Vote on Taxes Act) by contacting your representatives in the State Assembly, the State Senate, and Congress.

Contact your state representatives in Sacramento
Find your state legislators

Every day, the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association battles with tax-and-spenders at the State Capitol in order to protect taxpayers’ rights. But lawmakers really pay attention when they hear directly from their own constituents.

A call or a brief e-mail message from you can have a big impact and help counter the influence of the special interests pleading for higher taxes.

The letter templates on the right will give you an idea of how to compose a communication to your Representatives. You are welcome to cut and paste, but your own words are always the most powerful message.

When contacting your Legislator, remember that the best way to get their attention is to be polite, stick to the point and ask for specific action.

Thank you for supporting HJTA’s efforts to protect taxpayers!

Contact your federal representatives in Washington, D.C.

Click on the link below to access USA.gov, where you can find names and contact information for your U.S. Senators and Representatives, as well as other elected and appointed officials in Washington, D.C.

Find federal officials at USA.gov

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men [and women] do nothing.” — Edmund Burke