2013 Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association releases Legislative Report Card
Record tying number of legislators (79) flunk scorecard; only (25) score an “A.”
Sacramento CA – HJTA has released its 2013 Legislative Report Card. HJTA’s scorecard is intended as a tool to help struggling California taxpayers hold legislators of both parties accountable. Of the 120 members of the Legislature 79 received a grade of “F” while only 25 earned an “A” grade. Twenty bills were used and represent the priorities of HJTA’s 200000 members.
“Our report card is designed to help Californians gauge how their state representatives are actually performing on taxpayer-related issues including tax increases and direct attacks on Proposition 13” said HJTA President Jon Coupal “Regrettably the grades show that Sacramento continues to be very hostile to taxpayers.”
Nine lawmakers received a perfect score:
- State Senator Joel Anderson (2nd consecutive perfect score)
- State Senator Ted Gaines (2nd consecutive perfect score)
- State Senator Steve Knight (2nd consecutive perfect score)
- State Senator Jim Nielsen
- State Senator Mark Wyland
- Assemblyman Brian Dahle
- Assemblyman Tim Donnelly (3rd consecutive perfect score)
- Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (2nd consecutive perfect score)
- Assemblyman Brian Jones
To review the Report Card in its entirety and to see how individual representatives scored please click here.
For more information about our methodology and scoring system go hjta.org or e-mail Legislative Director Scott Kaufman at: email@example.com